Meet Dr. Donald P. Lewis Jr.
Oral Surgeon in Mentor, OH
Donald P. Lewis, Jr., DDS, CFE is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is currently in private practice in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Lewis was born and raised in South Euclid, Ohio and graduated from Charles F. Brush High School. He received his undergraduate BA degree In Chemistry from Valparaiso University in 1972. In 1976 he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, and did his post- graduate Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The University Hospitals of Cleveland from 1977 – 1980.
He is also a Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Lewis earned the designation of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) from the Board of Regents of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and is highly sought after speaker on the subject of white-collar crime. He has presented seminars to healthcare professionals, accountants and legal professionals across the United States and Canada.
Dr. Lewis has been a guest lecturer at Kent State University, Bowling Green University, and Lakeland Community College in the departments of criminology, sociology and business ethics. He has given numerous presentations on all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery and contributed several articles to the surgery literature.
Dr. Lewis is the Chairman and originator of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Committee on Software Development and Computer Technology.
Through his efforts and guidance the practice management software, OMSVision, has been developed and endorsed by American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS).
Due to his voluntary commitment to OMSVision, Dr. Lewis received the 2007 Special Citation Award from the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons for his many years of expertise and successful launching of OMSVision.
In his spare time, Dr. Lewis is a high school basketball official and has officiated at the Ohio High School Athletic Association State Tournament in Columbus, Ohio in 2007, 2009 and 2010.
Dr. Lewis currently is a member of the following societies:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
- Member, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Chairman of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Committee on Software Development and Computer Technology
- Consultant and Past Chairman, Committee on Practice Management and Professional Allied Staff of the American Association or Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Special Citation Award of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association Member
- Ohio Dental Association
- Cleveland Dental Society
- Northeast Ohio Dental Society
- Ohio Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Vice President, Northeast Ohio Basketball Officials Association
If you’ve found this site looking for Dr. Lewis – lecturer on Embezzlement and Fraud Prevention in the Dental and Medical Office, you’ve found the right man. Please see the FraudnetPro.com website for more information, his full biography, lecture topics, books and more.